Google Analytics (GA4) is considered to be the best tool for tracking data like website performance, traffic sales as well and other marketing operations. It is absolutely free to use so if you also want to integrate GA4 into your website or app then must go through this article. Here, you will get the instant steps for integrating GA4 into your website or app. For any related issues, you can reach Best SEO Company for guidelines.
To integrate GA4, you need to just follow the steps as follows:
You need to, first of all, create new pages. To do so, you need to log into the Google Tag Manager account.
- Go to the tags section and then choose the new button. Finally, you have to select the tag type.
- You need to then add the data streams. So, to set up Analytics for a website or app, follow the steps as follows:
To create the analytic account, you need to follow the steps as follows:
- You need to, first of all, move ahead to the admin option mentioned in the account column. After that, you need to go to the create account option.
- Provide the name of the account in the given field. You have to then configure the data sharing settings for controlling the data that you need to share with Google.
- Finally, you need to go to the next option for adding the first property to the respective account.
You can also create the property by following the steps mentioned below:
If you need the editor role for adding the properties to the GA then you need to simply go ahead to the admin option. But if you are not continuing from creating an analytics account then you need to simply skip the adding step and follow the steps as follows:
You need to go to the admin option and then go to create the property. You need to then write down the name of the property.
After that, you have to choose the reporting time zone as well as currency. For instance, if any visitor is coming to your website on Wednesday in their time zone but in your time zone, it is only Tuesday and it would be recorded as Tuesday only.
- If you select the time zone then you can quickly use Greenwich mean time if you are not willing to adjust the daylight savings time.
- You can also change the time zone and changing it would only affect the date that is going forward. While changing, you will see the flat spot that can be easily caused by the time shift forward, or backward depending on respectively.
- Go ahead to the next option and then you need to choose the industry category as well as business size. Finally, you need to go ahead to create an option and then accept the license and agreements of analytics terms of services and the data processing.
For adding the GA4 to the site that already has analytics, you need to follow the steps as follows:
You can use the GA4 setup assistant wizard by following the steps as follows:
- Step 1: You need to go ahead to Google Analytics and then need to move to the admin option.
- Step 2: After that, you need to move to the account column and then go ahead to the property column.
- Step 3: You have to choose the universal analytics property and then, you have to choose GA4 setup assistant.
- Step 4: You have to then give click on Get Started and then need to enable data collection with the help of existing tags. Finally, go ahead to create a property option there. After doing so, the set-up wizard will open a new GA4 property on your device.
You need to create triggers by following the steps as follows:
You have to, first of all, move ahead to the Google Tag Manager dashboard. You need to go to the trigger button to create the new trigger. You need to click on the add button and then save it and choose the preview option.
You have to then instantly set up the tag assistant. Before setting up, you need to find the Google tag by following the steps as follows:
- Step 1: You have to, first of all, move ahead to the Google Analytics account and then choose the admin option.
- Step 2: Go to the property option choose data streams and then go ahead to the web data stream that you need to edit.
- Step 3: You have to then go to the web data stream and go to configure tag settings. Choose installation instructions and then choose the install manually option which will start with and end with </script>.
Have any queries?
If something is bothering you related to GA4 then without wasting any more time, feel free to contact us at Target Digital Marketing Agency anytime you want.